#34 - Psychopathy: What Is It & How Is It Shaped By Our Culture?
Updated: Dec 30, 2021
Great new episode, exploring in depth the nature of psychopathy, how we define it and it matters.
This is the 1st part of two parter - next week, I will be applying what has been discussed in this episode to the world of James Bond.
We tend to have a sense in society of what is meant by psychopath - ruthlessly mean, angry, vicious, selfish - but the truth is much more complex and nuanced.
During this episode, I dive deeper into the world and ask:
- What is a psychopath?
- Can you be officially diagnosed as a psychopath?
- What's the difference between a psychopath and a sociopath?
- What is Antisocial Behavioural Disorder?
- What are the 4 core components of psychopathy?
- What is the psychopath checklist?
- How common is psychopathy?
- How does society shape and effect psychopaths?
- How do we empathise and exist with psychopaths?
Super proud of this one, check it, and look out for the next weeks James Bond psychopath episode!
The Savage Balance Podcast is a weekly podcast offering a new story, essay, interview, thought or leftover scribble from the back of a napkin.
You can support this podcast through Patreon, and subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Podbean, YouTube, plus many more.